Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2019

Interview with Isis Sousa, author of "The night of Elisa"

My review of the book "The night of Elisa":
Isis Sousa put a lot of heart in her work and since she's also an artist she did the cover work and illustrations of the book herself.
The development of the characters is great, they feel real and it's easy to understand why they do what they do. The story itself is dark and twisted.
Though Gothic novels aren't really my thing, I enjoyed reading it. Isis's writing style is fresh and interesting, she knows how to keep the reader interested and how to create an arc of suspence.
I can recommend this book to everyone who enjoys a unique story that is dark and complex.


Isis is a really nice person! We have been friends for ages now and I am really glad to know her! Isis is an amazing person and really talented.
We also have worked on several projects together, for example the "Art Collab" project ^_^

The book can be bought on Amazon.
Here's the link to "The night of Elisa".
The book is available as eBook, paperback and hardcover! And you know what's best? The book is illustrated! Support Isis and buy her book!

Visit Isis Sousa's Blog and check out her website ^_~


And now, enjoy the interview ^_^

What's your name? Do you write under your real name or do you use a pen name?
Hi Stephanie, first of all, thanks for the amazing opportunity with this interview!
My name is indeed Isis Sousa. I prefer to use my real name, because I haven’t yet discovered what is the meaning with a Pen Name, though many writers use it.

Where do you live? How old are you? Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I live in a tiny rural valley in Mid-Norway with my best-half, but I am from Brazil. I am 30, but I never want to age! I live out of doing illustrations and designs and love Heavy Metal, Arts and History in general.

You are an artist as well, tell us about it. What are you specialties?
On digital painting, I am specialized in cover art, more specifically characters. On graphic design I do a lot of layout, such as book cover layout and CD artworks.

Do you design your own covers?
Yes - and I love that! This way I can give the readers exactly what I imagine for the story/book content. It is so much fun!

How did you come to be a writer? Was it always your dream to publish a novel?
I never dreamed of writing any books, while I have always dreamed about being an artist. I became writer by accident, when a day I decided to make a write down one of my stories. As illustrator, you get to imagine a lot of things. So, then … Why not write a story of my own? I find writing extremely difficult, and only do it because – painting a thousand images to make a story takes a lot of time hehe! :D

You are a Selfpublishing author - what made you choose this path?
Freedom! I can write at my own pace, publish when I am ready, and overall, publish my books the way I like them to be :)

Is “The night of Elisa” your first novel? What inspired you to write it?
Yes, it is my first! It was firstly inspired by a dream ... literally! Then by my passion for classic Gothic stories, such as Dracula and Frankenstein. The rest is imagination :)

Tell us about the story, what is it about? What genre is it?
I will try not to spoil it … The Night of Elisa is an illustrated story about a girl, Elisa, who gets trapped between two worlds. She falls in love with a dark man from one of these worlds ...

Do you have plans for other novels yet or is there another one soon to be published? If so, tell us a little about it.
At the moment I am concluding the final part of 'As Cold As Thorns', a Gothic Novel. This second part is titled 'As Black As Ice' and hope to publish it until Summer 2019. I do have ideas for other stories, which I hope to have and resources to publish by the coming years.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen