Sonntag, 5. April 2015

My version of the Thorin Cocktail

Okay, here comes my version of the Thorin Cocktail ^_^
After so long I was unable to find a recipe and eventually decided to create one on my own.
Yes, I am crazy, but when I saw that interview with Richard Armitage talking about a Thorin Cocktail, I was wondering what it would be/taste like X3
The specifications were "heady and intoxicating" and "it bites you on the back of the throat" - quite a challange - but then I remembered something really mean in our cupboard that sounded perfect XD

These are the ingredients:
add
1 cl Lockstedter
2 cl Branca Menta
2 cl Fernet-Branca
If it is too strong for you add 2 cl of water

The Lockstedter really bites you, so be careful not to overdo it with that one (it is a really mean schnaps) and I also do not recommend to drink that one pure (go on, try it, but don't say I didn't warn you XD).

Why did I use these ingredients?
Well, the Lockstedter was used to meet the "it bites you on the back of the throat" comment of Richard. It is a mean schnaps that also fits Thorin's mean character traits.
The Branca Menta represents Thorin's gentle side and levels the intense taste of the Lockstedter. It is also quite refreshing because of the mint. I really enjoy drinking that one (mint is an awesome herb X3). The Fernet-Branca is to complete it ^_^
It can be enjoyed pure or with ice. I prefer the pure version as a shot.

Cheers, enjoy ^__^ 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen